Summer at Blooms Crossing, Manassas Park
As Realtors® in the Manassas area, we are committed to serving our community through exceptional and targeted real estate services. We’re particularly focussed on some lovely neighborhoods, like Blooms Crossing. As experts on all things home-owners present and future would want to know about living there, this blog is an update from the HOA of Blooms Crossing. This neighborhood has so much to offer its residents and with the changing season, it’s a good time to check in and see what’s happening.
Board of Directors Meeting
The Board of Directors for the Home Owner’s Association for Blooms Crossing meet to make decisions about what is best for the community. All are welcome to attend the meetings and input from the residents is encouraged and respected. The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 17, 2019, at 6:15 p.m. at Central Community Library located at 8601 Mathis Ave, Manassas, VA 20110.
In addition to the Board meetings, the architectural meetings purpose is to ensure a quality living environment for all. We are all responsible for the property values and quality of life of the neighborhood, as it relates to the condition of our homes. Meetings will usually be held on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. The June meeting was this week, on Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
Please contact Kim Grant, ARB Liaison at 703-565-5305 for more information and to confirm the July date.
Cougar Elementary, 9330 Brandon Street, Manassas Park, VA 20111
A Message from the HOA about Spring Inspections - 2019:
Spring is here and once again it is time to perform the annual maintenance inspection of each home in the community. Inspections will commence this year beginning in April 2019. Each section of the community will be done at a time with the goal of visiting all 914 homes within 8-12 weeks. To better prepare for these inspections please take some time to inspect the exterior of your home and begin taking necessary steps to remedy any deficiencies. Below are some key items that will be focused on by the inspectors:
1. Yards should be edged along the sidewalk, curbs, landscape beds and driveways. Lawns mowed every 7-10 days during the growing season.
2. Landscape beds should be properly maintained to be free of weeds, leaves and other debris, as well as mulched. Shrubbery, trees and other plants should be properly pruned and shaped. Dead shrubbery should be replaced.
3. Fences that require repair include, but not limited to, missing boards, warped or damaged boards, missing caps, etc. Fences should be free of mildew and algae build up.
4. Siding and mailboxes should be free of mold and mildew, and in good repair.
5. All home trim such as rake boards, fascia boards, shutters, window and door trim should be free of wood rot, dirt build up and mildew. Please examine the state of your paint.
6. Shutters should not be faded or have chipping paint.
7. Items should not be stored in front of or on the sides of homes.
8. Roofs should be in good repair and not missing shingles.
9. Backyards and decks should be free of clutter, debris and storage.
10. Other larger expense items should be inspected as well, the community is aging and it could be time for your roof, siding, driveway, fences and decks, etc., to be repaired and/or replaced.
We ask that all responses to inspection letters be in writing, email is acceptable. If you have any questions on the above information or need additional clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-565-5254.
You may have already had your inspection, or not had one if you are new to the neighborhood. These are good things to keep in mind throughout the year to ensure your property maintains its value.
Join the Neighborhood Watch
Let's work to keep our neighborhood safe! Join the official Blooms Crossing Neighborhood Watch Group today. Email us at BloomsCrossingNW@gmail.com to learn more about how you can get involved.
We work with home sellers as well as people interested in moving into the Blooms Crossing neighborhood. It is a wonderful community and we are proud to serve the real estate needs there. Please get in touch if you are ready to sell or would like to look at homes in this, or surrounding Manassas neighborhoods.