is a town in northern Virginia with a population of over 42,000. It’s known for the Manassas National Battlefield Park, site of 2 major Civil War battles and a landmark stone bridge, rebuilt in 1884. The Manassas Museum has exhibits on the Civil War and local history. Classical music, opera and theater are staged at the Hylton Performing Arts Center. Ben Lomond Historic Site features a Federal-style plantation house and a rose garden. Click here
for the City of Manassas website.
- Arrowood/Signal Hill
- Blooms Crossing
- Yates Ford Rd/Prince William Parkway
- Dumfries Rd/Eclipse Drive
- Hoadly Rd/Kahns Rd
- Independent Hill
- Nokesville Rd/Godwin Dr
- Lake Jackson/Bradley Forest
"Manassas is a medium-sized city located in the state of Virginia. With a population of 41,483 people and 24 constituent neighborhoods, Manassas is the 27th largest community in Virginia.
Manassas real estate is some of the most expensive in Virginia, although Manassas house values don't compare to the most expensive real estate in the U.S.
Unlike some cities, Manassas isn’t mainly white- or blue-collar. Instead, the most prevalent occupations for people in Manassas are a mix of both white- and blue-collar jobs. Overall, Manassas is a city of sales and office workers, service providers, and professionals. There are especially a lot of people living in Manassas who work in office and administrative support (13.72%), sales jobs (10.42%), and management occupations (8.71%).
Also of interest is that Manassas has more people living here who work in computers and math than 95% of the places in the US.
One downside of living in Manassas, however, is that residents on average have to contend with a long commute, spending on average 33.55 minutes every day commuting to work. However, local public transit is widely used. For those who would prefer to avoid driving entirely and leave their car at home, it may be an option to use the transit instead.
Like elsewhere in America, most people in Manassas use a private automobile to get to work. But notably, a substantial number of Manassas‘s citizens do make use of public transit in their daily commute, primarily riding the train. This helps more people get to work with less air pollution, and require fewer highways to get them there.
The overall education level of Manassas citizens is substantially higher than the typical US community, as 30.08% of adults in Manassas have at least a bachelor's degree, and the average American community has 21.84%.
The per capita income in Manassas in 2010 was $29,365, which is upper middle income relative to Virginia and the nation. This equates to an annual income of $117,460 for a family of four. However, Manassas contains both very wealthy and poor people as well.
Manassas is an extremely ethnically-diverse city. The people who call Manassas home describe themselves as belonging to a variety of racial and ethnic groups. The greatest number of Manassas residents report their race to be White, followed by Black or African-American. Manassas also has a sizeable Hispanic population (people of Hispanic origin can be of any race). People of Hispanic or Latino origin account for 34.10% of the city’s residents. Important ancestries of people in Manassas include Irish, English, Italian, and Polish.
In addition, Manassas has a lot of people living here who were born outside of the US (27.68%).
The most common language spoken in Manassas is English. Other important languages spoken here include Spanish and Languages of India."
MANASSAS CITY STATISTICS
- Total population: 42,081 (Urban population: 35,115, Rural population: 20 (all nonfarm)
- Houses: 13,682 (12,582 occupied: 7,571 owner occupied, 5,137 renter occupied)
- % of renters here: 40% State: 35%
- Housing density: 1,377 houses/condos per square mile
- Median price asked for vacant for-sale houses and condos in 2016: $373,579.
- Median contract rent in 2016: $707 (lower quartile is $623, upper quartile is $806)
- Median rent asked for vacant for-rent units in 2016: $2,101
- Median gross rent in Manassas, VA in 2016: $801
- Housing units in Manassas with a mortgage: 5,870 (270 second mortgage, 638 home equity loan, 43 both second mortgage and home equity loan)
- Houses without a mortgage: 1,766
- Median household income for houses/condos with a mortgage: $107,475
- Median household income for apartments without a mortgage: $73,065
- Median monthly housing costs: $1,460
For population 25 years and over in Manassas:
- High school or higher: 81.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 30.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.2%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.5 minutes
- For population 15 years and over in Manassas city:
- Never married: 32.9%
- Now married: 54.9%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 3.6%
- Divorced: 6.7%
- 11,907 residents are foreign born (19.5% Latin America).
- This city: 28.2%
- Virginia: 11.9%